#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

GETTING READY FOR THE TRIP SOUTH

Going south has always been in my family. When I was a kid you could count on our annual July trip to Georgia where my mother's family lived. We would spend two weeks in the blistering heat visiting on the farm where my mom grew up and traveling to nearby homes of uncles, aunts, and cousins. On the two day trip down we stayed at a motel, which was a novelty to us. A dive in the pool and a nice restaurant meal were much welcomed after a day of traveling in the hot car without air conditioning.
Even after I was married we continued to travel south and visit with family. When my parents retired to Georgia the trips became semi annual. We always enjoyed our family connections. I loved spending time with my parents. Don and dad often fished in the nearby dam.
My sisters also chose to move to the south. One, in Fredericksburg, Va and the other near Roanoke. I am the only one of my family to stay up north. (hmmm...)
This weekend I'll be going to Diane's lake house in Smith Mountain Lake where all my family and some of hers will gather to enjoy the weekend together. It will be fun as always!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.