#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, March 10, 2008

It's amazing what sunshine will do!

It's sunny and 68 degrees out there in Tennessee. It's liked I walked into summer today despite the fact that it snowed two days ago. It's amazing that the sunshine makes you feel soooo good! I walked around without a coat or a sweater in Knoxville where I went on a shopping expedition. knoxville is only a half hour away from Ryan's house so I ventured to the big city by myself. With good directions from Jenny my first stop was Hobby Lobby, one of my favorite stores. The first thing I saw when I went in was the furniture. I've been on the lookout for an end table to replace the home made drop table that dad had built for me. This one is beautiful. It's black with hand rubbed reddish highlights. It has four drawers in the front which will give me extra storage in that room. It's big enough to hold some things on the top too. I love it! Thank goodness for the van. It was very easy to get in! My next stop was the large West end Mall with anchor stores and a Coldwater Creek. I spent my free gift card for a great 3/4 length sleeve peach top. Even lunch was great there. The food court had many different types of restaurants that you don't see up north...mexican grills, oriental, and the one that I used. fruttala. I got a 1/2 a chicken salad sandwich that I thought was the best I had ever eaten. It was on whole wheat bread with onions and sprouts! Also I got a Ceaser salad with it. That fortified me for more shopping so I went to Home Goods. What fun it was running around in the nice weather enjoying the variety of stores. In hobby Lobby I bought a great black frame and picked up my pictures. I put a 5x7 black and white picture of Jenny and Sean in the fram and gave it to Jenny. She loved it!
We were planning on coming back tomorrow, but ryan and Jenny both begged us to stay longer, so we'll be back on Wednesday. I'm not looking forward to coming back to the snow.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.