#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, May 26, 2008

Can't sleep

I just can't get to sleep tonight so I'll use this time to update my blog. I'm too tired to post pictures tonight, but many will follow tomorrow. What a great weekend we had. On Friday night after Jenny got through with her work we loaded the van (thank God for vans) and traveled to the Lake House at Smith Mountain Lake outside of Roanoke, Virginia. Sean is just an angel when he travels. Once he hits the car seat he just goes right to sleep and he slept almost the whole way, which is a good thing since he has to be strapped into a car seat.

We were delighted to see Diane's youngest son Josh and wife, Caron, and their new 6 week old baby, Jackson. He seems so tiny next to Sean, but then Sean is almost 3 months old now.

It is always nice being at the lake. Diane's house is so restful on the water and we sat on the deck and hung out all day. Diane, Linda, and I went shopping (well, I guess you could call it shopping) but the shopping there is not the shopping that we are used to. Very few small stores with not much to choose from. But then again, Do I need anything more? The answer for those of you who know me, is....no, well, maybe if it calls my name! After a few hours we went back to the house with only a few pitiful things to show for our trip. I bought garden stakes, Diane bought a little baby stroller made out of wicker to use as a centerpiece for Becky's shower on the fourth of July, and Linda bought some coffee beans. Those of you who know us are able to tell that this was a disaster of a shopping trip.

when we got home the young'ns went out to dinner in Roanoke at Abuelo's a Mexican restaurant and then to the movie to see Indiana Jones. Grandma Di and Grandma Peggy watched the babies. Which would have been fine except that Jackson has a little problem and screams a lot because of his touchy stomach which of course kept Sean awake too. I finally went upstairs with Sean and got him to sleep.

On Sunday we went to a strawberry festival out in the middle of the country. There were stravberries for sale and I bought a flat for us and Diane bought one for them. There was music (four old guys playing the fiddles) and eating (typical fair food, but not as much) and crafts (this could be referred to as "crappy crafts".and pony rides. so all we came home with were the strawberries.

the kids went out on the boat and Seadoo while we watched the babies again. Later on we went in the hot tub and then watched movies.

did it tire you out reading about the weekend? Well, it tired me out too. If the neighbors are finally settled down maybe I can get some sleep. There were cars (minus the mufflers, remember I'm in redneck country) running up and down the street for the last hour. I'm ready to settle down for the night. I can sleep in tomorrow since ryan is taking the day off. he has some sick time he wants to use up before his last day on Friday. he will be working at Wilderness at the smokies from now on being a lifeguard supervisor associate. If you want to see what it's all about you can go to their website: http://www.wildernessatthesmokies.com/ Have a good night, I hope I do.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.