#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, May 01, 2008

I'm cleaning (she said laughingly)

On a cold, gloomy day like today the best thing to do is clean your house. Yes, I said that. Everyone who knows me would know that I do not like to clean. I do it, but I don't particularly like it. I like the results, but I'm just not one of those types who loves to polish and shine. I have too many other things to do to waste my time on those chores that just need repeating the next week. But I do them. I'm always on a perpetual quest to get organized. I'm making headway every time I go through a closet and throw things out, or move some paper from one file to another. I think I'm having a better mindset now that I'm realizing I don't need so much stuff. I've always been a collector of one thing or another and now I'm in the stage of my life where I want to get rid of things. So, clean I do. Today I went through every room and put stuff away where it belonged. How do those things get all over the house anyway? I used to blame my husband, but I know it's me. I never participated in the axiom: a place for everything and everything in its place. It's not that I don't want to...I just don't. I'm too busy doing something right now to worry about putting that object just where it belongs. I've made peace with myself that not all women can be domesticated. As long as my house is neat and clean (once in awhile) it's all right by me!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.