#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, August 11, 2008

Keeping up with the blog!

This afternoon I made potato and sausage soup. I've always been a big soup lover but have never made potato soup. I had some red potatoes to use up and some leftover sausage. We'll have it for supper with some fresh Italian bread. Here is the recipe if you would like to try it.

Potato Soup

Add everything is a big pot, boil, then cover and simmer until all the vegetables are tender.
6 c. cubed potatoes
2 c. water
1 c. chopped celery
1 c. diced carrots
1/2 c. diced onions
2 t parsley
2 boullion cubes
1. t. salt 1/2 t. pepper
After it's tender mix 1/4 c. milk with 1/4 c. flour to make a paste. Add this to the pot. Then add 1 3/4 c. milk and if you want 3/4 lb Velvetta (I didn't) Enjoy!



Isn't this just beautiful? I'd like to tell you tht this is my flower garden, but this belongs to Jan Williams who is a florist in Fredericksburg. Every time I visit Linda I love to go to her shop which is in an old Victorian home. She not only does flowers but has the most beautiful gift shop I've ever seen. Top Gun is really enjoying the new steps. He likes to roll and roll on the warm bricks.


I've been having a hard time lately keeping up this blog. I think I've just been busier than at other times. I traveled and now I'm getting company so today was a day of deep cleaning. I worked for hours doing those things that you don't always get to do every day. (Like scrub out the tub)Exercising and coffee with my friends takes up a lot of the time in the morning so I have to do everything in the afternoon.
The weekend was busy. We went to Olean to find more block so that we can finish up the wall of the courtyard. Unfortunately they were out of the kind that we needed at Home Depot. So sunday we made a trip to Erie and got our block at their Home Depot. Then we stopped at Lowe's and got some 16x16 pavers to put around the courtyard. Then I spied a preformed pond just the right size for the pond that we wanted to put in. We got that and the pump. Now Don just needs to quit working for Bill so he can have time to get some things done around here. He is so busy he never has a minute. He hasn't even had time to take the boat out fishing all summer.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.