#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, September 07, 2008

Finding time for blogging

Don and I at Salvatore's Gardens
The large mum plant I bought at Lowe's.
The pumpkin pick and beautiful shimmering ribbon to tie on the back of my dining room chairs.


The little metal wheelbarrow that Yrsa gave me for my birthday.


Sorry I have been so negligent about my blogging lately. It's been so warm and these last nice days have me outside enjoying the weather. We are still working on completing our pond and waterfall. It becomes increasingly clear that there are professional landscapers for a reason. They know what they are doing. We, on the other hand, have to think and rethink how we go about doing each thing. Therefore, it is taking us twice as long. But we will have the satisfaction of knowing that we did it.

I had a wonderful pre-birthday celebration yesterday. Don took me up to Salvatore's Gardens, a beautiful restaurant in Buffalo. We first went to the Galleria where Don bought me a deep chocolate brown twin sweater set . It will make a perfect backdrop for all the jewelery I've gotten for my birthday from my sister and Kay. I also have some great animal print scarves that will look so nice with the sweater.

I hit Macy's during their Estee Lauder gift time. That is when I purchase my moisturizer every 6 months and and get the free gift. It was a large makeup bag with a small plastic bag plus free lipstick, night repair cream, mascara, perfume, and eye shadow. While I was in Buffalo I stopped at Michael's craft store. You know that I do not , I repeat, do not need any more fall decorations, but I found the cutest pumpkin picks to hang in the back of my dining room chairs with gorgeous ribbon. (I just can't help myself!!) After those shopping stops we met Aline and Jerry at Salvatore's for a divine dinner. It's hard to describe the difference in atmosphere, service and taste that an upper class restaurant has. It was the most enjoyable meal that I've had since the last time we ate there. I'll just describe my food and wish that you could have tasted it. Home made bread load dusted with butter and parmesean cheese, Caesar salad with crumbles of blue cheese, mashed potato tower , fresh seasonal vegetables, filet mignon butterflied topped with carmelized onion and a dijon-herb sauce. If that wasn't enough, I couldn't resist the Snickers pie for dessert which I split with Don. The sparkler that was lit on the top when they brought it out made it even more special. It was a great way to make me feel loved.

Today Yrsa and Kay stopped out to give me some presents. Yrsa bought me a cute white iron small wheelbarrow that I had been admiring in the gift shop where she works along with a seasoning package to make a red pepper dip. Kay had picked out s necklace and earring set with the help of my sister Linda. I am so lucky to have such great friends.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.