#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

EXCITING NEWS!



I am so excited I can hardly type! I got an email from Victoria magazine that they are going to publish a story I wrote. I had submitted a romantic story about how Don trampled a heart out in the snow that said I love you. They are going to publish it in the Jan/Feb issue and they want a picture to go with the story. I can't believe it! I am on Cloud Nine! Me, in one of my very favorite magazines! This is so wonderful!
Here is the essay that will be printed...
It was so cold that winter. In our little town in rural western Pennsylvania the snow comes early and often. My husband gets stuck with all the outdoor chores like shoveling the large and high snowdrifts to clear a path to our door and pushing the knee deep accumulation from the driveway. One morning after a particularly long snowy night I kept looking out the window at Don heaving snow to the side of the driveway. It was Valentine's Day and he never forgot. The red roses and candy had already made an appearance. But what really warmed my heart that day wasn't anything that you could purchase at a store. He tapped on the window for me to look out. In the backyard he had tramped a large heart out of the snow with an arrow through it. Inside it said, "I love you". Just looking at him, with his youthful grin, made my heart shine like the August sun. It may have been cold outside, but his romantic gesture warmed my heart forever. ( by the way, we'll be celebrating 43 years of marriage in January).

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.