#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, November 13, 2008

achy, achy, tooth

It should have been easy. Today I went to have my permanent cap put on my molar. Yes, it should have been easy, but it wasn't. As soon as Dr. Volpe was finished and I was finishing up the paperwork my whole jaw started hurting like an icepick was being pressed into the center of my tooth. When I told the assistant she said that the gums probably would be a little sore for awhile. I told her it wasn't the gums, I was in pain. She said to take some Ibuprophen when I got home. I went to the elevator. By the time I got to the first floor my jaw was aching so bad I could have cried. I debated about what I should do, but at that point I knew this couldn't be normal. I went back to the fourth floor and walked in. Dr. Volpe said he never had a patient come back in pain after putting on a cap. Yes, nothing can be easy for me, can it? All he could do is shoot me with novacaine to numb the pain and tell me to take Motrin this afternoon. I was still in pain when I got home and despite the Motrin dose, still in pain. I doubled the dose and finally fell asleep with a heating pad on my aching jaw. When I woke up the pain had subsided. Now I'm waiting to see if it is going to last when the Motrin wears off. Nothing is every easy for me!

1 comment :

  1. Oh Peggy, I can so relate. I always say if something is supposed to happen one way my body will react the opposite. Take care and I hope it's okay. Let me know how you are doing. ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.