#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

the Option House

You will see no pictures for awhile on my posts. My polaroid camera decided not to work. When you turn it on all you see is a black screen. I called and had to send it back for repair. The funny thing is this is the second camera that has done this. Am I cursed? So while I'm waiting I'll use my old reliable Kodak.
Today was Red Hats. As a Red Hat group I think we are pretty lax. For the most part, not very many girls wear their red hats and purple shirts. We just love to get together. Wearing the outfit at first was interesting, but now that we are just going out for lunch in our own town it isn't necessary. We did have a tour of one of our local establishments..the Option House. It is historic and in it's heyday was a popular hangout. It had gone downhill over the years as many places in this town have. But Sam Slyvester bought it and completely renovated it. It is going to be the pride of this town when it is completely finished. It has huge crystal chandeliers, a huge long bar, original woodwork and new moldings painted gold, faux finished and stenciled walls . The upstairs is called Peacock Alley (original name) and features six smaller rooms for dining which are painted in peacock colors. Today they got their liquor license and as soon as they get a chef will open. It is meant to be a high class place and will feature tapas and microbrewed beer. I can't wait until it is opened. It will be a place to have our Red Hat dinners.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.