#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, January 24, 2009

SNOW, SNOW AND MORE SNOW!

We walked beneath the rose arches at Giverney.
Monet's pink house with green trim was so lovely.


We walked across this Japanese bridge which was made so famous in Monet's oil paintings.

Monet's most famous works were paintings of water lilies from his pond.





Like everyone else here in town I'm sick of all this cold weather and snow. This winter has been particularly bad with constant cold weather. So I'm changing the subject. Look at the Monet watercolor of the lilies above. When I see that painting I remember being in Paris and going to a small museum that had rooms full of Monet's paintings. The lilies took up a whole wall mural. Close up it was just dabs of paint but from a distance took you into a dream world. We made it a point to go to Monet's Gardens which were about an hour from Paris. It was delightful to walk through the rose arches and see the plethora of colors from all the various flower varieties. I couldn't take enough pictures. So if I would have to name a time in the past I would like to go back to I would say that summer day in Giverney. Just thinking about it warms me up.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.