#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, May 18, 2009

MY LIVING ROOM

Boy, it feels good to feel good! This is the best I have felt in many months so I took advantage of having so much energy by cleaning up my living room. In the spirit of “eclairezze” (which means lightening up in French) I decided that the room was too crowded with furniture. There was a wicker chair from Don’s mother’s that always seemed to be in the way. I relegated that to the basement for now. (Yes, I know what you are thinking. It goes to the basement and never comes out. Yes, you are right and I’ll tackle that issue on another day.) I also took out an old (and when I say old I mean we’ve had it for 30 years) round table made from a large crock with a custom made top. Don and I agreed to sell the crock and just get rid of the top. (It went to the garage). I changed the room around..well, I had Don move the heavy stuff after I tried and realized there was a reason why I don’t lift heavy things anymore.  Here are some after shots.

living room 09 011

living room 09 012 living room 09 015 living room 09 010 living room 09 009 living room 09 016 living room 09 018 living room 09 017 living room 09 008

Since I can’t figure out how to write under each picture I’ll describe the pictures down here. The first shot is the couch that I had to look and search for and finally had custom built. I made the lavender pillows on the couch and the ones behind those too, to match the table runner. I also made the window curtains. I wanted them just so…so I made them myself!
   The second picture is of the wing chair that Don and I upholstered ourselves. (and will never, ever, do again). It was a tremendous job and we could only do about an hour’s worth of work each night because we had not a clue of what we were doing. It turned out really fine, considering.
  The picture on the stand I watercolored of a scene in France. I loved my trips to France and like to incorporate personal things into my decorating.
    Here is the mantle. We have a huge stone fireplace in the living room and I made the large arrangement above the mantle.
  The table by the window is one of the few things that I got that belonged to my mother. On the table is a framed article from the Victoria magazine that I had published this year. I also made the flower arrangement..these are my favorite flowers.
  On the shelf that my father built for me is my collection of milk glass and small vases and a Danish Christmas plate that my friend Yrsa gave me.
     This is the entertainment center which was our first large purchase of furniture after the boys completed college. All my family photos are on the left and on the right (out of sight) is our collection of cut glass.
  This is a shot of the French doors leading out to the Jacuzzi room.
  And the last is of the living room again. I hope you liked the tour.     
      
  

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.