#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Friday, August 07, 2009

Dish-a-holic

I’ve got the dish disease and I have it bad. Is there a support group for this? I bought two more salad plates at Marshall’s when we were in Buffalo. I couldn’t resist..they had birds on them and fit into my garden room so well. Today I created a tablescape using them.
tablescape 8.09 016 
The table is set for two (since I only bought two plates and uses the brocade placemats that my sister Linda bought me for Christmas. My white plates…such a bargain at a yard sale, and bamboo silverware from Big Lots make a summer setting.
tablescape 8.09 004
At the end of the table is an urn filled with contorta branches trimmed from Linda’s tree.
tablescape 8.09 012
The napkins were from the pottery in Knoxville and the napkin ring nests are from Michael’s.
tablescape 8.09 006
Here are the plates …aren’t they lovely? A robin and an oriel.
tablescape 8.09 010
tablescape 8.09 009 tablescape 8.09 013
tablescape 8.09 011 
tablescape 8.09 007
If you’d like to see more tablescapes be sure to visit Between naps on the porch every Thursday. Susan sponsors links to other dishaholics out there. There seem to be a lot of us.

1 comment :

  1. You've done a great job layering and combining linens, china, flatware and glasses on your table. It's so inviting and the bird plates are fabulous.
    Happy Twirls

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.