#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Friday, August 21, 2009

some happy summer day

Have you ever had a day when you were just contented? It was one of those days. Some warm feelings were left over from last night when my husband and I celebrated my friend Jamie’s birthday at one of our favorite restaurants, the Nickel Inn. This rustic inn sits far out in the country and our table faced a wall of windows where we could see the rose breasted grossbeaks and canaries eating at the feeders. It was a delicious dinner with good friends. Gary’s barbershop group joined us and they broke into song several times during the night and even serenaded nearby tables. At the table next to ours was a 92 year old man who joined the group when they sang at his table. It turned out that he was a former barbershopper and was so happy to walk around with them in the restaurant as they went from table to table and sang for the diners.
     Today those feelings were still with me as I decided that this was to be a day when I just didn’t do things that usually occupy my time ...housework. Instead I sat on the porch swing and read a good book, played with Sadie, and made unstuffed pepper soup for dinner using the fresh peppers and onion that Don’s friend Bill had given him.
  I took a few pictures of the back yard and of the beautiful zinnias that I bought at the lake yesterday. 
ZINNIAS OIL FISH ENGRAVING 

oil of waterfall

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.