#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Autumn Table

Welcome to all the Tablescapers! For those who love all things dishy click over to Susan’s Between Naps on the Porch for links to many decorators who love to set a pretty table. This week my table is set for fall using all my lovely birthday presents.

chair
When I saw wreaths tied to the back of a chair in a magazine I knew that was what I wanted to do with my black chairs. I used a pumpkin pick and gossamer multicolored ribbon.

fall decor 09 016

This picture was taken before I decorated the backs of the chairs.

mosaic one

fall decor 09 030 fall decor 09 028


I am so lucky to have friends and relatives that know me so well. My sister-in-law, Charlotte, gave me the placemats, little green candles, napkins, and napkin rings. My friends, Yrsa, Kay, and Linda surprised me with the red salad plates and striped dishes. Yrsa also gave me the dried hydrangas for the centerpiece. 

shoe fits I couldn’t help adding this picture. My dad made me the witch’s shoes. He was such a clever woodworker. 

11 comments :

  1. Happy belated birthday! I think you birthday gifts look terrific! Lucky you!

    I really like your chair embellishments too. Great idea! (Now I've got to figure out how I could do that to mine!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed seeing your beautiful table for Tablescape Thursday. I like the chair decor...all the pretty colors pull this together!

    Have a blessed day and hope you'll drop by for hot chocolate,
    d from homehaven

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those witch shoes are SO clever! Both the ones your Dad made AND the ones on your blog wallpaper. :D

    I love the bright colors of your tablescape. Very vibrant....almost reminds me of Mexico in some respect.
    That's a great idea to tie decorations to your chair backs. Must make a note of that. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all I like the music ;-). Secondly I like the contrast of the stripes with the red plates!! very nice. I have not decorated the backs of my chairs....someday I may try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colorful and beautiful table...you and your friends and family have great taste!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Colorful and beautiful table...you and your friends and family have great taste!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your beautiful table looks straight out of a magazine! At first I thought it was, but you did it!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all that color!Great job~Your blog is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Peggy, your table is gorgeous. I love your centerpiece!

    Barb ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday! Your table looks so warm and inviting. Thanks for sharing and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday -- I hope it's as bright and colorful as your beautiful tablescape today.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.