#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Bye, bye, summer

the jefferson 017 
Today is the first day of September. Usually I’m excited about the beginning of fall coming…the crisp evenings, the changing colors. But this year I’m clinging to summer with both hands. In our little mountain town summer really didn’t reach us too much. We had cool and rainy weather…a lot. The paper even said we had more rain this summer than Seattle. There were only two weekends without rain this whole summer. So we didn’t get a lot of chances to have picnics, to have a fire in our pit, to make s’mores. I’d like more warm weather but I’m afraid that it’s just a dream. This morning it was in the 30’s…yes, I said 30’s. When I went for my walk it was 48 degrees..cool enough for a coat, hat, and …..you heard it right….gloves. It’s way too soon to be wearing gloves, don’t you think?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.