#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, September 28, 2009

LINDA’S YARD SALE 2009

Each year my sister Linda has a yard sale to give her basement an annual cleaning. This year I decided to be a big participant. I have been cleaning and weeding out my house for a number of years now, but this year I felt the need to really get rid of things that have been occupying my attic, like my old country decorations that I have no use for now. I filled my van and headed for Fredericksburg, Virginia on Wednesday. My cousin Sandra from Ellicottville went with me and was a big help lugging boxes from one spot to the other. On Wednesday we unloaded the van and set up four big tables. On Thursday, with sweat running down our faces…whew! was it hot…we pulled the van down to her basement door and made three van trips loaded with all sorts of things. We organized, and priced, and sorted, and finally had things set up for the sale.
yard sale 015 yard sale 016
We had glassware and country items, antiques, old toys, and my treadmill among the many items.
yard sale 018 yard sale 017
Linda has an excellent place to hold a sale..a three car covered carport. Since she has held this sale a few years her address is well know and on Friday we had dealers there before the sun came up.
yard sale 025
Diane brought her new puppy Zoe..what a sweetheart. Her fur is so soft and she is quite mellow. It was good for her to be among so many people because she wasn’t socialized yet. She loved the people because Diane had them give her treats.
yard sale 023
Linda and Diane are getting dinner ready. Linda has a large country kitchen and we ate well.
yard sale 031
While we were there we celebrated our September birthdays. Diane gave me this large decorative platter for my table.
yard sale 037
And this purple peacock shirt with matching jewelry. From Linda I got this long sleeved top, a beautiful necklace to match, and an artificial candle which lights up at the same time each night and goes off by itself 5 hours later.
yard sale 038
Linda got the animal print shirt from Diane as well as these beautiful snack dishes and jewelry. I gave her a candle lantern and a purse holder for when you are out at a restaurant.



yard sale 028
yard sale 042
Diane got a brown sweater, a puzzle book and jewelry from Linda and an orange sweater, jewelry, and lotion from me.
yard sale 043
We had a wonderful time together as we always do. On Saturday night Linda treated us to dinner at Mimi’s cafe. We headed for home on Sunday. yard sale 044


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.