#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Tennessee Vacation

This week I have been visiting my son and his wife in Tennessee. It is so beautiful here that I will have a hard time leaving tomorrow. The weather is delightful! It has been in the low eighties all week and full of sunshine. Even when it does rain, it is only for a little while and the sun comes right back out.

Don and I have been so happy spending time with our family. Ryan had some days off so he could spend some time with us. Unfortunately he and Jenny both caught a 12 hour flu bug. Jenny stayed home from work on Wednesday and Ryan was up all night on Thursday. They both recovered quickly. Ryan took us over to Pigeon Forge to the model airplane field where he showed off his flying skills using his newest plane. I went to a few stores, of course...you can't go to the outlet capital of the world without visiting just a few favorites..like Coldwater Creek and Kirklands.
Ryan and Jenny took us to an Italian restaurant called Gondoliers where we had a delicious meal. Tonight we are going for a cookout to Don's sister's house in Sevierville.
Yesterday we had a fantastic day. We went about an hour away to a small airport for an air show. It was just like you see on tv with acrobatic planes with smoke coming out of them. There were parachutes, and a fair atmosphere, and fair food. It was very hot but Sean was entertained with the ride on airplane I bought him. Sadie had to stay home but she was good staying alone for 8 hours. She has been very well behaved the whole week. It helps that Ryan has a fenced in yard and a doggie door.
Tomorrow we head back by way of Chris' house. I'm not happy to be going back to colder weather. I haven't had to even put on so much as a sweater down here. Pictures will follow when I get home.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.