#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, October 03, 2009

The first Saturday in October

It’s the first day it hasn’t rained all week and Don and I spent quite a few hours outside. It was time to cut back my herb garden, cut down the bedraggled hostas, and empty all the planters. We carried all the summer furniture, cushions, and decorations down to the basement to store for the winter. We will pile some of the planters alongside the lion fountain and cover them with a tarp for winter. The courtyard looks very bare. We left up the porch swing and small table and chairs in hopes that we will still have an Indian summer.
      Sadie is in the doghouse for chewing up my new high heels. She just doesn’t know that she is not to chew things. Even though she has plenty of chewies she gets soooooo bored! She is intelligent and wants to be with people and playing all the time. She only has two speeds….stop and turbo. Tonight she will have to stay alone in the kitchen while Don and I have date night. We will go to the movies to see Surrogate first and then to Applebee’s for dinner. She sleeps while we are gone and then when we get home she is ready to play.fall decor 09 032 I was too busy to take pictures today so this is a picture of my mirror in the sun room. My goal is to be a better photographer. I need to carry my camera with me all the time and take a lot of pictures.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.