#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, December 08, 2009

A LITTLE GARDEN THEMED CHRISTMAS

Welcome to my Tablescape Thursday decorations. Thanks again to Susan from Between Naps on the Porch who makes this all possible every single week. If you would like to see more, stop over to her blog and surf around to enjoy beautiful holiday tables.
   My table idea began when I saw the garden themed table set up at Pottery Barn in the Galleria Mall in Buffalo. There were glass hurricanes, white candles, and white flowers that intrigued me. I tried to duplicate some of the ideas in my sunroom this year.
christmas 2009 056 christmas 2009 055 christmas 2009 053 
I used paper whites and amaryllis  along with a glass block light decoration that I made this year.
christmas 2009 003

The table is dressed in black, white, red and green.
christmas 2009 024
The centerpiece is this candle holder from colonial Candles that I first saw on Susan’s table. Inside is one of those newer battery operated candles. This one has a timer. Once you set it to go on at seven o’clock, it comes on every night after that and burns for a few hours then goes off. Then on again the next night. It was a gift from my sister and I love to see it lit up every night all by itself.
christmas 2009 040 christmas 2009 037 christmas 2009 038 christmas 2009 039
I found this idea as I was surfing last week and knew I had to copy it for my candlier. I think the pears hanging give it a garden feeling.
christmas 2009 044 christmas 2009 035
Again this year I put crystal wreaths on the backs of the chairs.
christmas 2009 036
Theses are the place holders that I made. I see that I need to cover the backs too…whoops!
christmas 2009 043 
This is the view looking out the french doors from the sunroom. You can see that we got snow last night. It has been such fair weather that we didn’t even put away our porch swing yet. Must get that done.


christmas 2009 047christmas 2009 049 christmas 2009 050 christmas 2009 051 christmas 2009 052 christmas 2009 048

The baker’s rack has a garden feel too.  I made the ornament of my mom and dad smooching under the mistletoe. It’s one of my favorites.christmas 2009 068 christmas 2009 062
Top gun is enjoying Christmas too!


christmas 2009 063 christmas 2009 066  
I hope you enjoyed your tour. Happy holidays to all!

6 comments :

  1. Peggy, Your home is lovely! Thank you for the tour. You have a great sense of style- many wonderful touches to enjoy. Now that table... oh, I love this! From your wreaths on the back of your chairs, the great lanterns with the candles with timers ( I want those!), to the great idea for placecards ( love the look of little frames on your table!)and your dishes! This is a spectacular post. Thank you so much! Love, love, love it!

    Merry Christams!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peggy...I love your tablescape and all your other decor. Your home is very warm and inviting. Thank you for sharing. Your big ol' kitty is a joy, snoozing there among the Christmas frillery, lol.

    CHRISTmas Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous room and decor! I love the balcak and white, that is a really nice touch.
    Merry Christmas
    dena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peggy, beautiful table...love the red and white dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Very Cheery Tablescape!~
    The greens, the colors, your Mom and Dad smooching is my favorite touch ♥
    Everything is inviting ~
    *Keeping Christmas in our Hearts*

    ~Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty Christmas tour! I love all the unexpected touches with black and pears -- everything looks lovely at your Christmas house.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.