#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, January 09, 2010

January

Oh, I wish I were eloquent! I came across this post from Heidi and it expressed exactly how I feel about January. I added a few things and changed a few things but her words tell what is in my mind.

“January, January” …..for me this month is all about “home”. After a couple months of enjoying the company of others, as well as taking part in all that the holiday season has to offer…..I am now ready to keep January all to myself. At this time of year I wish to hibernate if you will. I want to keep to myself, in my own little home, with my own little family. I want to “batten-down-the-hatches”, light a fire & snuggle into the softest chair I own….I live in an area with very cold winter temperatures that last a long time, it makes no difference in my world . I still get up every morning to exercise and meet my friends for coffee, do my errands, and play with my dog.
In January, I immerse myself in home projects, usually involving my art or music. I play the piano or draw or make glass and metal charms.

In January, I plan meals of hot, bubbling soups & slow cooked recipes found in the pages of old cookbooks, & ones always accompanied by crusty loaves of bread.
In January, I renew my commitments to “take time for myself” & remind myself once again that the word “no” can be the most valuable tool in avoiding an overbooked & stressful life. I renew my vows to eat healthier and take better care of myself.
In January, I claim a tiny corner of this world just for me.....one that
is calm & peaceful & all mine.

Thank you to Heidi Devlin for her wonderful words

Bosc_Pear .

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.