#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, February 04, 2010

When you’re happy

Do you know the song, “When you’re hot you’re hot”? Well, I have a new version: “When you’re happy, you’re happy.” It must have been that constant sunshine all day today because wherever I went I found happiness. After I left coffee my first stop before doing errands in Olean was to have tea with my friend Kay. She put the teapot on while I stopped by Tim Horton’s for a multigrained bagel and low fat cream cheese. We enjoyed chatting and she told me of a great gift shop that she had visited in Ridgeway which may make a great Red Hat trip this summer.
     Then I drove over the hill to Olean to take care of some business. My first stop was Cutco Knives. One time when I was teaching Explore (the gifted class) I had a student whose father worked there and we took a field trip. Her father generously gave me a set of knives. I have loved them for their ever sharp blades and use them almost every day. Unfortunately I put my large bread knife in the dishwasher where it fell down into the heating element melting the handle. Since I couldn’t do without that knife I wanted to return it to see if they would replace the handle. No, the rep said. We’ll just give you a new knife.  Give me???? Yes. Wow! That never happens. That made me happy!
   I was able to stop for hot tub chemicals and even got a dozen Bavarian cream doughnuts for Don before proceeding to the mall to get my diamond ring sized. Still happy, I went to Aldi’s and even let someone go ahead of me in line and gave my empty cart to someone in the parking lot. (who didn’t even say thank you or offer to give me my quarter back, by the way).  Then I picked up a few things at Walmart. Now you know I’ve gone over the edge because something in the frozen food section made me deliriously happy. Frozen zucchini and yellow squash. Yes..I said squash made me happy. I love the combination and during the summer I often saute some together with herbs for lunch. Not only did they have that, but I found a lot of other frozen fruits and veggies that just made me happy.

It must have been the sunshine.
smile

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.