#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

AND WHAT DID YOU CLEAN TODAY?

I vowed that this month I would get my spring cleaning done so that when the warm weather came it would all be done and I could spend the days outside. Last week I deep cleaned my living room and today I tackled the spare bedroom.
   I did some rearranging and sorting and moving some furniture, but all in all, it’s clean!
spare room 002 spare room 001
This room is a seafoam blue with Laura Ashley print curtains and one of the rare original rooms that has white trim. On the birdseye maple dresser is a small collection of white vases, an eiffel tour hatbox and an vintage dish drainer. The bed is my grandmother’s original bed from her home that I painted white.

spare room 003 spare room 007
This is the elephant in the room, a player piano in need of repair. At one time we had two player pianos in our home and one at Don’s uncle’s house. We eventually sold those and kept this one in hopes of fixing it up. We have over 250 piano rolls up in our attic. We still remember the fun times we have had pumping the piano and singing along. But now it is relegated to this back bedroom. It isn’t easy decorating around a huge black object such as this, but I do my best.

spare room 006 spare room 004 spare room 005
Anyone who knows me will tell you that I love hats! I have quite a collection and will use any excuse to wear one.

spare room two 002 
Here is another hat and my French bulletin board. Also a metal rabbit corner that I use to hang up clothes on.


spare room two 003 spare room two 001
And last are my closet doors. a few years ago I painted them as a French windowbox instead of replacing them. It makes me happy every time I look at them.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.