#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Remembering

vases 002 Today my thoughts turned to these three vases sitting on a shelf in the living room. When my mother passed away in 2000 there was not a lot that I had that belonged to her but I did get these three vases. I remember them always being at her house. When they lived in Georgia my father would always bring something from outside to my mother. Sometimes it would be a camellia blossom or a daffodil stem. Whatever flower was in season would show up in a vase on the coffee table. In the spring, the wisteria blooms would fill the vases. My mother loved pretty things and appreciated them so. It was from her that I inherited my love of setting a fancy table with a centerpiece. My father was a great gardener but was aware that more than vegetables should be in a garden. On their lot in Georgia he planted an orchard full of trees…apple, fig, plum, and peach. He grew asparagus, strawberries, grapes, and loophas along with the normal garden vegetables. His garden was his pride and joy and when we visited we were always taken on the ten cent tour to see what was growing. Mom and dad made jellies and canned all during the season and when they visited up north they always came with boxes full of jars containing the most delightful and tasty treats. We always appreciated their offerings. Sometimes when I close my eyes I can see them coming in the door with their arms full. How I miss them.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.