#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Tis Autumn and the leaves are gold


Hello to all the autumn fans, welcoming the crisp morning air and fluttering leaves. Hello to Tablescape Thursday hosted by our friend Susan. Please join her at Between naps on the Porch and visit all the wonderfully set tables throughout blogland.

My table is not the usual oranges and pumpkin faces, but a little more subtle this year.

table 2

Autumn begins with a subtle change in the light, with skies 
a deeper blue, and nights that become suddenly clear and 
chilled.  The season comes full with the first frost, the 
disappearance of migrant birds, and the harvesting of 
the season's last crops."
-   Glenn Wolff and Jerry Denn
table 5

"Come said the wind to
the leaves one day,
Come o're the meadows
and we will play.
Put on your dresses
scarlet and gold,
For summer is gone
and the days grow cold."
-  A Children's Song of the 1880's

tablescape fall 008

"October's poplars are flaming torches lighting the way to winter."
-   Nova Bair
table 9

"Summer is already better, but the best is autumn. 
It is mature, reasonable and serious, it glows 
moderately and not frivolously ... It cools down, 
clears up, makes you reasonable ..." 
- Valentin

table 6

"Listen ...
With faint dry sound,
Like steps of passing ghosts,
The leaves, frost-crisp'd, break free from the trees
And fall."
-   Adelaide Crapsey, 1878-1914, November Night


table 13

I hope you enjoyed your visit. The small casserole dishes were a new find at the Christmas Tree Shops in Buffalo, NY on Monday. The green silverware was from a small gift store in Orchard park, NY. The hammered chargers were a great Goodwill find.

8 comments :

  1. Lovely vignette. I really enjoyed the snippets of prose from days long past...brings a gentle smile. Summer Place by Percy Faith...I was in the 7th grade the year that Sandra Dee & Troy Donahue hit the big screen in that movie. It introduced a whole new world to a generation of young teens. Thank you for sharing your charming post. I'm a new follower. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the greens, browns, and purples of your beautiful table setting. Very creative use of autumn's "other" colors!
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I'm looking at your blog, I'm listening to a classical radio station out of Pittsburgh on my computer, WQUED FM 89.3. We no longer have such a station here in the Kansas City area. :-( I really like the white casserole dishes. I think people like to have a homey dish like that put before them, especially in the cooler months of the year. Just makes you feel all warm and cozy just looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very inviting tablescape! Love the hammered copper chargers from GW! I found a few treasures from GW for my tablescape as well! Hope you can stop by for a peek!

    Your display on the buffet in the backround is lovely too!

    Happy Fall!
    Sherri:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!!!! Really beautiful pieces and all put together wonderfully! Found you at bnotp- I'm having a decorating inspiration link party if you'd like to join! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous table, apple green, grape and white, wonderful combination. I love your mini tureens, so nice to serve soup in when the night air is chilly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your table and the soft way that you brought autumn into your world. It turned out quite stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your table setting -I love how the display is set higher and I love your chandelier

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.