#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, October 21, 2010

I know you have the dish disease too!

You can’t resist dishes either, can you? I know your heart goes pitty-pat when you spy that plate sitting at TJ Maxx or Marshall’s. How do I know? Because you are mousing through all these tablescapes with Susan at Between Naps on the Porch. (You can go to her blog by using the link on the side).

   When I saw these plates from Walmart..I just knew I had to have them. How can I justify more plates? What can I tell my husband?  “Oh, honey…I just couldn’t resist?” or “This will be all, I promise?” “I don’t have any purple ones, right?” Maybe your comments will help convince him that I really needed these colorful dishes. There’s always room for one more, isn’t there?

tablescape october 2010 028
tablescape october 2010 030

tablescape october 2010 025

tablescape october 2010 019

tablescape october 2010 018

tablescape october 2010 029

tablescape october 2010 022

“This is the last dish I’ll ever buy…I promise” (said with fingers crossed behind my back)

10 comments :

  1. I'm Marian and I'm a dishaholic. If loving dishes is wrong, I don't want to be right. I think I have to start asking people to give me china keepers as presents. Sorry, all I can do is enable you more. That's a very pretty table you set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to laugh at the comment just ahead of mine. I've actually put china keepers on my Christmas list. My husband is a hunter, with all of the accessories and guns that go along with that. Any time he starts the conversation, I just take him by the hand and walk out to his heated and air conditioned dog house for his four hunting dogs and all his gear. The conversation usually ends right there. Thank you for stopping by my post and for sharing y our charming design. Shop away, girl! I call it collecting with a purpose. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean when you "spy" a dish. I just can't resist!!! Thanks for sharing your finds.....very colorful table..Love it! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I do know what you mean about the inability to resist a dish! I love your jewel-toned table!

    You're neighbor at Tablescape Thursday,

    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU GOT THESE DISHES AT WAL MART? Where have they been all my life? I'm heading for Walmart .... and my husband will have some choice words for THIS post of yours! :-)
    Beautiful plates, beautiful setting!
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  6. My name is Linda and I'm a dishaholic. I admit it. Now when Mr. Fun sees the new dishes, I tell him one of several stories--1)Oh honey, we had those in the closet, 2)they were your grandmother's, or 3)they followed me home and I couldn't help it! I think I hear some calling for me now from Walmart! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your tablescape--Very pretty and the colors are great. As I sit here, I am trying to justify buying some new dishes tomorrow that I saw at TJMaxx since I already have 13 sets of dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know which I enjoyed more, looking at or reading your post! I adore those dishes and I totally hear you about dishes. ;) Great tablescape!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous11:12 PM

    Oh Peggy!
    What a gorgeous set up here! I read the comments and it's true:) If this is what you love, enjoy!! I see that you are not alone in the Tablescape and this must make it so much more fun for you.

    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice tablescape...what to do? I want every toile dish ever made in every color...I don't even know how to begin to justify it...but I know I'm still collecting!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.