#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Gratitude


You can’t help but think of gratitude this week of Thanksgiving. Thanks-giving. How easy it is to take our comforts for granted and assume that everyone’s life is the same as yours. But the news says it’s not. The tv says it’s not. Pictures of homeless people all over the world tells you that you are lucky, fortunate, blessed. All the misfortunes only touch you in little ways. Get on your knees and thank God that you have so much to be thankful for in this trying time of the world. Appreciate the small things in life. They are gifts served to you every day if you will just notice them. I’ve been thinking about what I’m grateful for:

someone to kiss goodnight and stand by me when things get a little rough,
family that I look forward to seeing, enjoy their company, and am sad when they leave,
friends who hear your every happiness and trouble and offer a shoulder,
a home..more than a piece of real estate, a place where I can come and know that I am secure and protected,
peace of mind…to know that life is good
to get up in the morning and be able to live the day the way I want,
To be free, and not to take those freedoms for granted
to enjoy the passing of time, the stages of my life each one different

How blessed I am. How very blessed.

For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food,
For love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.

--Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)


image

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.