#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Computers…friend or foe?

My favorite saying, “Computers are wonderful…when they work” couldn’t be more true these last few days. I’ve had some trouble with my computer off and on for a few weeks, but three days ago it just wouldn’t connect to the internet at all. So I called Verizon and they promised someone would come to the house to help, (This was after a long conversation with a computer voice trying to help me, and an even longer conversation with a girl in India who was very hard to understand). But alas, no one showed up yesterday even though we were here all day. When I called today they said someone had fixed the signal without coming to the house. But I still did not have the internet. So time for more phone calls. a very nice girl (still in India) helped me troubleshoot. We ended up bypassing my modem, but I had to spend another half hour talking to a fellow from netgear (the makers of my router) to rearrange the settings to make it compatible. After more than an hour of following careful directions I managed to get everything back. Whew! I’m exhausted.
   You don’t know how you miss something till it’s gone. I’ve missed you. Here’s an update. I had an allergic reaction which left me with thousands of red itchy bumps. While I was at the dr getting that checked I had them check me for a bladder infection…yep, had that too.  DOUBLE WHAMMY!
Then the next day to the dr for a report on my throat scope. It seems my esophagus was very irritated and has spasms and my tummy had multiple ulcers..DOUBLE WHAMMY…AGAIN!
So I’m taking lots of medicine and hope to be back in shape again soon. I’ve been practicing for a play that some of us are putting on for our Literary club tomorrow. It’s been a busy few weeks, but I hope to finish up my Christmas shopping on Saturday. I’d put up a picture but I left my camera at the library when we were practicing the play. Look for me to be more together in the future.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.