#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

An early New Year’s Resolution

image

I know it’s a wee bit early but when I found this sign on the web it got me thinking. I’m one of those people who likes to keep busy and busy. I find lately that I haven’t been taking all the time I’d like to do my favorite things. So 2011 is going to be the time to prioritize. My three favorite things are art, music, and books.
    So this year will be the time I finally get out my water colors and get serious about painting. I was an art minor in college and somehow strayed away from it when I married and children took center stage. I’ve been yearning to sit down and paint, but my critical nature is self defeating. This year I will gather courage to pick up a paint brush.
   I sat down at the piano today and played some Christmas music. It made me remember how I love to play. So this year I will get the piano tuned and take some time to practice. I’ll also use my keyboard.
   With the problem that I’ve had with my left eye, it’s been hard to read for a few years. This year I’m going to take time out of my day to sit and just read. Because…I can’t do it all so I should do what I want!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.