#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, January 24, 2011

a January surprise

On January 22, 1966 a young couple (us) was united in marriage. And this year we celebrated 45 years together. In this age marriages don’t seem to last forever so I am grateful to have found my one true love. Like all marriages we have weathered the storms and still delight in each other’s smiles. Hubby never forgets an occasion and gave me these pink roses this year.

winter 2011 012 

When the mail came this morning I was surprised with a package from my sister Linda. When I opened it here is what I found. winter 2011 002
I was having trouble getting my candles to stay upright in my candlier over the table. We had been looking in all the craft stores for candle adhesive and she found some in Hobby Lobby and sent it to me. Isn’t it nice to have thoughtful sisters?
   She also sent me this cut initial to hang on my candle jar.

winter 2011 003
Who could this be on the sled?

winter 2011 008
And carrying in the milk bottles? (this must be a very old picture..LOL)

winter 2011 009
Yes, it’s me when I was five and our family  lived in DuBois with my grandmother. I have this picture on a wreath in the sunroom. I can’t bear to take it down yet.

Also on the wreath are these ornament with glittery silver frames. I got this one at Pottery Barn on closeout. 

winter 2011 004
And this one too.
winter 2011 006
And they happened to match this bird card that I already had.

winter 2011 005
Here is the wreath all put together. It seems so wintery I think it will stay up for awhile.

winter 2011 010

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.