#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Helping out

2.13.11 deer 004 With the deep snow our local deer are having trouble finding something to eat. We are thankful that our neighbors put out a feeder to help them out. Each morning and again in the evening deer come out of the woods to eat at the feeder. last night there were nine altogether.

2.13.11 deer 003

2.13.11 deer 005

There are times when I am not happy that I live in such a snowy state. Last night was one of them. My friend, Linda, drove me and two of my girlfriends over to Olean to celebrate Kay’s birthday. Linda backed into Kay’s driveway to let her off and got one wheel stuck in a snowbank. After a little cracked corn under the wheel and my driving to rock the car back and forth we finally made it out of there. But that was not the end of our adventure. On the way home the wind had blown a power line across the road and we had to take a detour up over a steep hill to get home. The road was so ice covered that Linda’s car couldn’t make it all the way to the crest of the hill. We got stuck on a steep incline and couldn’t go any further. Cars had to go around us because they couldn’t stop on the hill. We had to call Don who came with his truck and towed us to the top of the hill. It took us an hour to get home from town. I have been patient with the weather, but last night I was frustrated with the ice on the roads, the ice on the sidewalks, the ice on the roofs, the ice on  the driveways…not a good thing! I can’t wait for a thaw!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.