#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Tink-a-tink

Do you hear that? Of course you don't..but take my word for it, it's random piano keys going tink-a-tink while the piano tuner does his magic and gets our Baldwin back in tune. It's been a while since it's been tuned and every time my son or grandson plays it they always remark how out of tune it is. So today it's finally going to be back in tune. I really don't sit down and play like I used to. I have plenty of music. I used to subscribe to the Sheet Music magazine and kept all the issues. It's remarkable that even though I don't touch the keys for months on end, that when I do sit down to play I still remember the fingering. I took two and a half years of piano lessons from our neighbor when I was in elementary school. I remember hating the choice of music that she made me play and I finally convinced my mother that I didn't want to take lessons any longer. But we kept the piano and I continued to practice. Later I bought music teaching books and continued on my own to learn to play better. I've always silently thanked my parents for allowing me the opportunity to learn to play since it has been such a joy to me.

Are you tired of snow pictures yet? Me too, but here are the latest. This morning I shoveled another 4 inches from the walkway. The snow is piling so high. 2.11 pretty snow again 004
2.11 pretty snow again 0032.11 pretty snow again 005

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.