#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, March 07, 2011

Ah, Spring?

This is March, crazy March, when Mother Nature just can't let go of her winter coat. She seems to like the cold and ice this year and is reluctant to shed this white blanket of snow. But I had one glorious day of summer when I went to tennessee this weekend for my grandson's third birthday. On Friday it was 73 degrees and sunny. How welcoming after seeing whiteness for months on end. Sean rode his toy four wheeler that I got him for Christmas all around their huge flat, fenced in back yard wearing nothing but a short sleeved shirt. Chris played with the dogs by throwing balls. Sadie loved being able to be free to run at full speed all over the yard.
Of course, it didn't stay that way. By Sunday when we left it was spitting snow and then in Tennessee and Virginia we ran into a regular snowstormy blizzard. We were afraid that it would be bad roads and hard driving all the way home to chris's house in Boiling Springs, but we got ahead of the front and only faced rain the rest of the way.

We had a fantastic weekend with the grandchildren. It was nice being with my fifteen year old grandson, Scott. He's very into music and played Ryan's guitar for us. Sara, who is 6 months now, had a rough time for two days because she is cutting her first tooth and chewed her fist and fussed a lot. I held her as much as I could and she is the best baby. she is smiling now as if to say..I'm really happy, but can't you do something about these teeth? Mom put teething lotion on her gums and pain medicine, but she still didn't sleep very much.






Sean was off the scale on the adorable chart. When he came out of his bedroom the morning of his birthday he asked his mother...is it my birthday today? when she said yes, he said, "And I'm not two anymore? (holding up two fingers). that's right. "I'm three?" How cute! (You had to be there to see his face. The party went well with games and treats and lots of fun. He was so excited to have the kids at his house. THe present he liked the best was the Buzz Lightyear costume. Before that he had his Woody cowboy hat on but the minute he opened the Buzz costume he put it right on and wore it the rest of the day and the next day too.

It was a wonderful week away from the sameness of home. Today we are coming back to Bradford where I expect more snow and cold temperatures. But I had a taste of spring and will hold out hope that soon we will see green grass and flowers.









2 comments :

  1. Anonymous2:29 PM

    Good to see that you all are home safe and sound:)

    I am so glad that you enjoyed yourself/ves down there:)

    I just love reading your blog. Have I told you that??? lol

    Linda Lou

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you got to get away from the snow and cold even if only for the weekend. I know it was extra special being with Ryan and his family, Chris too and his family. The pictures are so sweet. I enjoyed reading your blog and seeing the pictures of everyone. Lots of Love to all.

    Beverly & Leslie Edwards

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.