#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Friday, April 22, 2011

Surprise!

Happy 80th Birthday to my friend Lisa. I met Lisa nine years ago when I first retired from teaching. I was invited to join a coffee group by another teacher who also retired the same year I did. Lisa was a former school aide. Each morning without fail we girls met at various restaurants around town after walking or exercising for an hour first. Getting up first thing in the morning and chatting with the girls helped my transition from the bustle of school to the more quiet retirement life. The girls not only became my best friends, but also a great support system for me when needed. Lisa is like a big sister that I never had. 
   Tonight I attended a birthday surprise celebration at the Hostaga, a local restaurant. Lisa is a very young looking and acting 80 year old. It is so hard to believe that she is that old. I think the world of her.
  I also got to connect again with my friend Bonnie. Bonnie and I developed a bond while I was teaching. She was at a different school and we sent encouraging notes back and forth to each other. I always looked forward to getting those packages in the mail. It seems we thought alike and had similar interests. But with the passage of time our closeness faded and we lost touch. It was so great to see her again and talk. She’s a great gal and I loved seeing her again.
   What a great evening.
image

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.