#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, April 21, 2011

We’re ready!

Grandma (Nana to Sean and Mama Peggy to Dan and Scott) and Papa (to all) are ready! It’s always exciting when the boys and their families come home and I can’t wait. Ever since I was little it was instilled in me how important family was. My mother was from Georgia and met dad on Long Island, NY. AFter they married he always brought her back home every year. My mom was a southern lady, true and true and we were brought up on southern values. I just finished a book called, “Putting on the Grits (Girls Raised In The South).” So much of what was said in that book applied to the way I was raised. (Right down to the recipe for southern cobbler). Each time we would go to Georgia my mom was the one who made sure that we visited all of her brothers and sisters (and she was from a family of 13) so we could know our cousins. She was also the one who held dad’s family together insisting that we go and visit them a lot. Somehow our generation doesn’t have that connection the way hers did. I know my cousins, but don’t visit very often. Even with the modern email I don’t talk to them a lot. I miss that connection. I think I’ll email some of them right now.
blackbird

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.