#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Someday I’ll write a book

One of these days I’m going to write a book titled “What they don’t tell you about getting old or Enjoy your youth while you can. Most of the time I don’t complain about being 66, I love retirement, my freedom to do just as I please and the time to do all I want. But sometimes health issues keep getting in the way. Here is an update on our health. I finally went to the doctor’s office today and although I couldn’t get in they called me in a very strong antibiotic to help clear up this respiratory issue I’ve been having for eleven days. I’m hoping now I’ll get over it. Don also went to the doctor yesterday with a bout of coughing that has lasted him over a month. He got a steroid shot and two strong antibiotics. It’s been pretty hard around here with us both feeling so bad and coughing all night.

Last Wednesday I had my girlfriends up for dinner.
 girl's lunch 6.11 004 The centerpiece was a large vase of ferns and Queen Anne’s lace along with a hat.
girl's lunch 6.11 005
girl's lunch 6.11 003 My sister Linda and I were anxious to try out some new recipes. The savory pine nut and pesto muffins were very different. The roasted red grape linguini with pancetta was a hit with the girls.
girl's lunch 6.11 014 I put white Christmas lights under the table to add to the festivities.
girl's lunch 6.11 009 We enjoyed bruschetta with roasted red pepper pesto and artichoke spread outside and then came in the dining room for dinner. girl's lunch 6.11 007 At each table setting was a favor for each girl…gardening gloves and a cookie.
girl's lunch 6.11 006

girl's lunch 6.11 011

girl's lunch 6.11 018
girl's lunch 6.11 019 It’s always fun to have the girls out.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.