#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, July 17, 2011

did I mention it’s hot?

Whew! We are not used to so many days in a row that are in the eighties. Today it hit 90 degrees. That may not sound hot to those of you in the south, but in western Pennsylvania we are having a time with it. First of all, we don't have central air in our homes up here. Our average summer temperatures hover around mid seventies. Just right! But for a few weeks we've had a streak of extremely warm days (and nights) with no rain. We are lucky to have a window air conditioner in our sunroom and find it a cool place to go when it gets steamy. I also bought one for the bedroom so we could have a good night's sleep for a change. But most of the folks in town are just suffering it out. No one wants to utter a whisper of complaint since our winter and our spring were both very cold. But I think the cooler temperatures coming our way next week will be welcome.

My grandson, Dan, is getting his own apartment at Penn State. He's a junior this year and I've been on the lookout for furniture for him. I found this IKEA bed at a yard sale on Friday. I also picked him up a nice small black bookcase at a store yesterday. 7.11 dan't bed 003

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.