#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Feelin’ Beachy

These hot temperatures in Western Pennsylvania are making me think "beach". So I’m joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch and her Thursday Tablescape day.

summer tablescape 7.11 019

The starfish napkin rings, bamboo flatware, and aqua placemats give that coastal feeling.
summer tablescape 7.11 032

The soup tureens were picked up at the Christmas Tree Shoppe.

summer tablescape 7.11 026
Summer begs for shells. Although we are far from the shore it’s nice to add a few on the table.
summer tablescape 7.11 028


summer tablescape 7.11 022
summer tablescape 7.11 024summer tablescape 7.11 034
Now if only some island native would come and bring my supper.  





8 comments :

  1. Haha ... yeah, an island native to bring you your supper... that can happen!

    :-)
    Nice to meet you, Peggy ... I have a sister named Peggy, my husband and I used to live in Pittsburgh, and ... we have a beach house on Long Island where we hope to go this weekend... you and I have a lot in common!

    What a pretty blog you have. Lovely!
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Peggy, so nice to meet you! Love your beachy table. I live in the southest TIP of Pa. where Pa., De., and Md all meet. It is called Landenberg. I am fortunate in that the De. or NJ beaches are only 2 hours away. I ahve a friend who lives right outside of Pittsburgh. Stay cool! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the title of your post! I struggle with naming my own posts so when I see a good one, I am consumed with envy. Oh, and your tablescape is very lovely, too! I really like those napkin rings with the star fish. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, if an island native does stop by to serve you, please send him my way afterwards . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely set just perfect for summer.

    Love,
    Karin Şen Cankan
    karinsfairytale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beachy is always so nice in the middle of summer. It helps us feel cool, even if it is hot outside. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How pretty your beachy table is. Love the colors and those beautiful soup tureens.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Incredible soup tureens! They could go with so many things!!! I know you must absolutely love them! The bright color of the placemat is the perfect landing spot for the pastel colors of your vignette. Very beachy indeed!!! I'm sorry to hear that even Pennsylvania is getting hit with all of this steamy weather. I guess I just never thought of PA as a state that would get this morbidly hot. We're so used to it here in the Midwest that I barely bat an eye at it anymore. I hope the weather breaks for you soon. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.