#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Help

image

Often I’ve gone to the movies after I have read the same book and said, “The movie was good, but the book was better.” But not THE HELP. Yesterday was the first day of release for the movie The Help and I was one of the first people to see it at a matinee in Olean. Look out Oscars..cause here it comes! What a sensational movie. There were no huge well know actors in the movie which was to its credit because you weren’t comparing past performances. There was just excellent acting. Set in the sixties in Jackson, Mississippi the story told of the black maids and their point of view serving the upper-crust white women of the town. The story rang true in its discrimination and racism and had undertones of the civil rights movement. For me, who was born in the south, it was authentic in its set decoration and costuming and reminded me of the sights that I saw when I visited Georgia each year of my childhood. The movie was true to the book…which is a rarity…and I came out of there saying…”I loved everything about the movie!” Rush to your theater!

2 comments :

  1. Anonymous7:09 PM

    Oh you hit it right on the nail!! The Help was a movie of all times in a long time.

    Glad we went and saw it:)

    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read the book and CAN'T wait to see the movie! Glad you liked it! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I see you are in Pa. too! Are you ready for Fall??? I am TRYING to hold onto the last of summer! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.