#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, August 21, 2011

New England Vacation

What a beautiful week to spend in Massachusetts! We began our trip on Monday by driving to our niece's home in Douglas. Cally and her husband Steve welcomed us with open arms. We enjoyed a wonderful dinner grilled by Steve and then settled down for the night. Their dog Cashmere was an Akita and quite large.
Speed Star 1.1490351  00 Speed Star 1.1494341  00

On Tuesday morning we left to spend the day in Boston. It is a metropolis and had crowds of people and traffic. boston 8.11 055

Our first stop was to ride the duck boats that I had heard so much about.


Speed Star 1.1435407  00








We took this shuttle from the pier over to the other side of town by the USS Constitution to get on the boat/bus. boston 8.11 054
On the hour and a half tour we rode around Boston hearing the history of the city and then we plunged down a ramp into the water and had a guided tour of the harbor. boston 8.11 048
boston 8.11 049
Speed Star 1.1479359  00



1 comment :

  1. Hi Peggy,

    Oh, I just love Boston. Your trip looks like you hit all the best places.

    I wanted to stop by and give you link to the fonts I found

    http://www.kevinandamanda.com/fonts/

    I can't use them in the text on blogger because they don't allow you to use anything other than what they allow. But I create an image using the font and put it into my post as if it were a photo.

    Have a beautiful day.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.