#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Moonflowers

Good things come to those who wait.”

moonflower9.11 033

All summer I have watched the moonflower vine growing and spreading. It wound around the small iron trellis and reached out for the porch light and nearby plants. It grew and grew and I thought the frost would claim it before it ever got one flower on it. But yesterday I was rewarded with not one, but three beautiful large moonflowers. moonflower9.11 001 It had rained last night and the drops were still on the flower. moonflower9.11 004 How beautiful it was.
moonflower9.11 025 The air this morning had a crispness to it proclaiming that fall was officially here. moonflower9.11 032 This dusty Miller has the look of frost. Soon there will be real frost claiming the flowers. But for now I will enjoy the last of their beauty. moonflower9.11 027
moonflower9.11 031

1 comment :

  1. Anonymous3:48 PM

    Finally!!! It bloomed!! Good for you Peggy!!!

    Love you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.