#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Getting in the spirit

image

Every year the Christmas spirit comes on me slowly like a wave in the ocean, smoothly and serenely floating toward me till one day it crashes upon me and my heart is filled with joy. I never know what is going to make me swell with that happy feeling. Sometimes it is triggered by a Christmas party where just being around all those happy people makes me happy too. Or sometimes it’s a song heard on the radio that just makes you sing along even though you’ve heard it time and time again. Once in a while it’s a memory of Christmas past that sweeps you up in nostalgia and longing for those who are no longer with us. Often it’s the rituals of this time of year…the decorating, the cookie baking, the Christmas ham…that weave into the fabric of our lives. The bright colored lights decorating the homes along the street and the downtown area all say that this is the time of year to be happy. It might be the comfort of the familiar old movie like It’s a Wonderful Life or White Christmas that makes you smile. I welcome the feeling to come. Be in my heart and make me full of wonder.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.