#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Not yet

Repeat after me…..I will not get my Christmas decorations out until after Thanksgiving.
   Christmas is everywhere and I’m determined to not start the season so soon. Let’s get through one holiday before we start another. I want to enjoy having my family home for Thanksgiving first. Then there will be time to climb up into the attic and bring down all those bins. Each year I say I won’t put out as much as I did last year. But when I peek into those boxes and see my lovely decorations I go wild. It takes the whole day to decorate the sun room, living room and I even put a tree in my kitchen. But I put on Christmas music to put me in the mood and sing along while I put up wreaths. Each year I do things a little differently. I enjoy having different themes. One year I did the Christmas garden as my theme.

christmas 2009 038 christmas 2009 058

And I always put up sentimental things like the letters my children wrote to Santa and the picture of mom and I at Christmas.
christmas prep 003 christmas prep 002 Of course, Christmas is my very favorite holiday. I remember the Christmas I had a Martha Stewart Christmas. Every time my sister would call me I’d be busy making a Christmas craft or baking some wonderful cookies. It’s always busy around here during December.

1 comment :

  1. I'm determined to hold off on Christmas until after Thanksgiving, too! We'll give each other encouragement to remain resolute. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.