#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, December 01, 2011

Check that box off

There is one big disadvantage to living in a small time when it get to be Christmas. There aren’t a lot of stores to shop in. Walmart is by far our biggest store. There are a few stores downtown..a dress shop, a country gifts store, and a co-op but we have no toy stores, no sporting goods stores and no clothes shops hardly. So when people need to shop it’s off to the big city..either Erie or Buffalo. They are both an hour and half away.
   So today I left very early to do my Christmas shopping in Buffalo. I wanted to go alone so I could zip in and out of the stores going where I want and not having to wait for anyone. Time is very limited when you get there and you have to make the best of it.
   My first stop was to Kohl’s to return a pair of sneakers. Then Target and Dick’s. Then off toward the mall to Home Depot, Joann’s and Dress Barn. Then over to Barnes and Noble. By that time I had worked up an appetite and stopped at Panera Bread for lunch. Then I went inside the mall for even more shopping. By two my stamina (and my legs) had given out and I was ready (with a car full) to head towards home. But on the way I decided to stop at one car dealership just to see if I could find a car. I had no luck and wasted about an hour. I sped on home and happily unloaded the car. I feel I got a good start on my shopping now and feel better. I could have taken Maxine’s advice:
 image

1 comment :

  1. Linda Platko Green5:44 PM

    I think that is the only way to shop for Christmas. Nothing wrong with that~~! And, it's fun just doing in for you:)

    Love you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.