#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Mrs. SuperClaus

What is Mrs. Claus doing while Santa is supervising the toy factory and training the new reindeer? Why making cookies of course.
   Today I turned into Mrs. SuperClaus and did all my cookie baking in one day. I began at eight and completed at five making dozens and dozens of our favorite cookies to take to my son’s for the holiday. I made Peanut butter kiss cookies, peanut butter Reese’s cup cookies, peanut butter fudge, date creams, Unbeatables, Russian Tea Cakes, Pecan Tassies and rum balls. Tomorrow I’ll finish with some truffles.
   Where did all that energy come from you may ask.  Steroids! Yes, I’m back on steroids. This past week I had a nasty breakout of lichen planus in my mouth. It’s an autoimmune disease with no identifiable cause and no real cure. I’ve had it all over my skin for the past year, but this week it presented itself with large sore white  lesions  all inside my mouth. The dentist gave me a treatment to use every 6 hours and some steroid pills to take. That’s the downside. My mouth is very sore and I can’t eat hardly at all. The upside is that the steroids give me undeniable energy. The great thing is that I have lots of cookies to take. The bad thing is that I can’t eat a one of them. :( This isn’t a picture of my sugar cookie tray. I have to make sugar cookies tomorrow. The dough is in the fridge waiting.

image OH, by the way…the doctor told me to reduce my stress (usually the cause of the outbreaks.)
image

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.