#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The "tween" week

The week between Christmas and New Year's (the "tween" week) is always the most relaxing. After the bustle of Christmas...decorating, baking cookies, and present buying, it's nice to just sit and relax. I have so enjoyed my family. Today we all jumped in the car and went to a used book and music store called McKay's. It's a great place to wander around in. It's very organized by subject and the aisles are clearly labeled. It's like a big book store only the prices are ridiculously low. I got about 8 decorating books and not a one was over two dollars. There was also a free bin outside and I rooted around and found four novels to read. Scott who is really into music loved the large selection of vinyl records and Chris found some movie dvd's. I also discovered a really neat store that I will have to remember. It was rather small...but so me. I found a wire basket I just loved.
I'm having so much fun playing with the young ones. Sara loved her shopping cart and food items that nana gave her and we've been playing "shopping". Sean is busy with his Uncle Chris so doesn't have a lot of time for nana.
It's only a quarter after 8 and I fell like it's midnight. Young kids can do that to you. Enjoy your tween week.






2 comments :

  1. Linda Platko Green11:00 PM

    Ohhhh, it sounds like a wonderful time going on down there:) I am very happy for ya'll.

    Me, so far so good:) But had to take Mom to the ER since our doctor is out of town. She has diverticulitis. What a long day this was but she is home and has been asleep since.

    do take care and drive home safely.


    Love you and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:15 PM

    I've been checking every day to see if you had updated the blog.Surprise!!!!! you had!!!

    So glad that you are enjoying the family, especially the little ones.

    Christmas was hectic what with midnight Mass and the Christmas morning brunch. Not much sleep Christmas eve. Enjoy the rest of your time there. I'll keep checking the blog for an update.

    Safe trip home...my best to your family...
    Love and hugs,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.