#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, January 30, 2012

SHUFFLE OFF TO BUFFALO

Off we go..today I took a quick trip (well it’s never a quick trip) to Buffalo to take my friend Linda to meet her plane. She is venturing to a friend’s in Virginia Beach for a week. My pals Lisa and Joan rode along with me. It’s an hour and half one way. We had lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. I had my favorite..Thai chicken wraps.
image





I always thought that was a great diet choice until I read this:

Calories

If you thought you were being smart by skipping an appetizer and choosing the Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps as your entree, you will be disappointed to learn that one plate with six wraps has 1,536 calories, roughly half a day's worth for the average non-dieting man, or about three-quarters the daily allotment for a non-dieting woman. If you also had drinks and dessert, you pretty much consumed or exceeded your daily allotment of calories in one meal.

Printable Calorie Chart The Ultimate Healthy Living Toolbar Get Daily Fitness Tips & More. Free www.dailyfitnesscenter.com

Sponsored Links

Protein

A plate of Cheesecake Factory Thai Lettuce Wraps contains 96gm of protein. The average individual needs about .8gm per kilogram of body weight, which is pounds divided by 2.2. If you use this formula, a 150 pound adult needs about 54gm of protein daily. So you would have more than satisfied you protein needs if you consumed the whole plateful.

Carbohydrates

You may have thought you were keeping it low-carb by passing up the pasta and choosing the Lettuce Wraps instead. But your plate of wraps packs 114gm of carbohydrate, making up 30 percent of the total calories. Roughly 60 percent of your total daily calories should come from carbohydrates, so if you didn't eat anything else that day, you were well below your total daily requirement.

Fat

The not-so-bad news is that a plate of Cheesecake Factory Lettuce Wraps contains only 6gm of fat, albeit saturated fat. That translates to 54 calories, or about 4 percent of your meal's total calories. Fat should make up less than 10 percent of your total daily calories, so you're good there.


But who cares? I only get that treat a few times a year and I’ve survived before without a weight gain so I think I’ll be all right this time. Maybe ignorance is bliss.

1 comment :

  1. Linda Platko Green9:09 PM

    NO WAY!!!! I never would have guessed that it had that many calories!! But like you said, you probably have this at least 2-3 times a year.

    As for your blog about your Dad's memoirs, that was wonderful!!! You did good there Peggy:)

    Having a great time in Virginia Beach, the weather has been marvelous and I see that Bradford weather has been great as well:)

    See you soon:)
    Love you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.