#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, February 05, 2012

THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

image

Old City Hall Bradford PA

Every once in awhile you hear people (sometimes even me) complaining about living in such a small rural town. But after I visit a big city (like Buffalo yesterday) I feel that I have the best of both worlds.  Let’s compare.

Shopping:
Bradford-very few stores, limited merchandise, hard time finding things you want or need, no waiting in lines to pay
Buffalo-fabulous shopping, many selections, sales
crowded stores and waiting to pay

Restaurants-
Bradford-very few restaurants, limited selections, no variety or upgraded products
Buffalo-many cuisines, great tasting food and presentation, waiting in lines for hours for a table

Traffic
Bradford-no traffic, no waiting, easy to get around in, nothing is more than 5-10 minutes away
Buffalo-lots of whizzing cars, crammed highways, takes an hour and a half to get to

Ambience
Bradford-cozy, quiet, nature at your door, peaceful, places to walk, boat
Buffalo-busy, hectic, noisy

I love going to Buffalo for the day. But I also love coming home to the country and my home.


image

2 comments :

  1. Linda Platko Green2:59 PM

    I am with you Peggy:) I like living in a small town, especially close to nature.

    Big cities are fine for whatever the small town doesn't have. An escape from time to time:)

    Thank you again, Peggy and Don, for getting me to and from the airport:) Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda Platko Green3:00 PM

    By the way, the pictures you are playing around with, they really look nice, different.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.