#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I need to see Pretty Things

Today I found these words on Melissa’s blog: The inspired room and they said exactly how I feel sometimes.

Some days I just need to take a break from the routine and go out in search of beautiful things.

I don’t need to buy what I see. I can just look. {OK, well sometimes I need to buy.} I like to touch things, pick them up, smell them.

I just need to linger for awhile.

It is a ritual that somehow recharges me. It refuels my creativity and my energy.

People wonder why I like to shop. It isn’t that I always like to buy, I just like to look at beautiful things. After a visit with my sisters when we spend a good part of the afternoon going from gift shop to stores my senses are restored by seeing the gorgeous objects that are out there in the world. Where I live the only shopping we have is either country style stores or Walmart. So when I can go to a lovely little gift shop with wares from all over the country my heart sings. There are so many pretty things out there that I couldn’t even imagine. Each season holds new delights. It is always a treat when one of those things finds its way home to adorn my table or shelf. Most of the items in my home have come from areas outside of Bradford. I am always so happy when I get a chance to leave town and shop! This wire bird cage was a “must have”.
fburg house tour 12.11 070

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.