#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Friday, February 24, 2012

A Little Game

This little game is going around the web. 

1. What is your day job? 
Even though I’ve been retired from teaching elementary school for more than ten years now I still find that I keep busy although I wouldn’t exactly call it having a job. My job is to join my friends for coffee each morning, get a little exercise once or twice a week, keep my house clean and looking lovely, learn something new (I’m taking a computer creativity  class right now), take some amazing pictures, blog, walk my dog, and get in some reading and tv time.


2.Why did you start blogging?
In 2006 I was just learning how the computer could improve your life and saw a blog called Southern Hospitality. Rhoda wrote daily and talked about interior design and I fell in love with visiting blogs. It was a way of seeing the homes and ideas of others and I was hooked. Soon I wanted to do it myself so I taught myself how to make a blog. Ever since then I have been going strong. It’s my way of journaling with pictures and words. It’s a record of my daily life.
image

3. What is the best thing that has come from blogging?
   I’ve found that it is a way to let others know about me. And the comments that I get are good for my soul. And it is a record that I can look back at much like going through a photo album. It’s a little difficult putting yourself out there for everyone to see your thoughts and ideas.


4. How and where do you find inspiration?
All over the place I find good ideas and loveliness. Besides reading other’s blogs I devour decorating and self help books, love to see art, love browsing book stores, and get lost in small gift stores. I love seeing pretty thingsimage . I love to travel and find inspiration there. And I love seeing tablsescapes and setting my table.

5. If you could live anywhere else where would it be?
I love my valley surrounded by the arms of green woods, but I wouldn’t mind the eternal sunshine of California.

6. Who is your favorite artist?
When I first discovered Monet his impressionistic works were the most beautiful play of light and color that I had ever seen. I had a chance to visit his famous flower gardens in Giverney and also the museum in Paris which housed his famous water lilies. image

7. What’s playing on your Ipod?
I have such eclectic musical tastes. I have Enya, James Taylor, Paul Simon, Sugarland, Celtic Thunder, Glee, Eagles, and Broadway. as well as zydeco. I am greatly lacking in modern music.
image
8. How do you spend your day off?
Everyday is a day off for me, but I consider the weekend my days off. I don’t rush to get dressed and stay in my pj’s for awhile. I grab my latest book and cuddle on the couch reading for a few hours. I try not to do any housework on the weekends at all.

9. Who would you most like to meet?
I think Alexandra Stoddard. I first started reading her books a long time ago. She and I share a mutual philosophy of enjoying every moment and making your house your sanctuary. She radiates calm and I would like to emulate her. image

10. What is your best childhood memory?
It is of my neighborhood growing up. There were lots of kids around and we all played together outside every day with no fighting. We loved being outdoors and only came in for meals. We felt at home in every house and were close to all the families in the neighborhood. It was really a Sally, Dick, and Jane idealistic upbringing. image

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.