#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, February 06, 2012

What makes you happy?

Today’s assignment in my Beyond Layers course is to think about what makes you happy. Happiness is a choice. But often I find myself not doing the things that make me happiest. The hours in the day should make room to do things that you find enjoyable. Here is a small list in no particular order.
     Traveling on a vacation or to see family, reading, enjoying a wonderful dinner out at a very nice restaurant with ambience, candlelight, good music, sitting out on my courtyard in the summer, holding my husband’s hand, doing some kind of creative project like flower arranging or painting, decorating my house, shopping at gift stores and seeing beautiful things, talking with friends and enjoying an activity together, dancing, sitting with my dog on my lap, photography and photoshop, blogging, watching flowers bloom in the spring, listening to the waterfall on our pond, seeing our crab apple tree full of blossoms, feeling sunshine on my face, attending Literary Club, enjoying the crispness and colors of fall, garden walks, house tours and being near the water.

   What makes you happiest? Speed Star 1.1406423  00

1 comment :

  1. I am a follower of the Happiness Project and Sarah Ban Breathnach's Simple Abundance. I made my list of things that make me happy last summer at the ocean.

    Husband John
    my dog Murphy
    tea and toast
    sitting by the ocean
    fire place, inside or outside
    good book
    my flowers and garden
    playing the piano
    knitting
    antiquing
    walks in the woods
    warm cookies
    my home: clean, organized and tidy

    On my blog yesterday I wrote about happiness too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.